SMITHERS-OASIS GERMANY GMBH:
REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE RESPECT – DO GOOD!
Smithers-Oasis – for a sustainable future in the floristry industry.
You and Smithers-Oasis.. together for a sustainable future of the floristry industry. Responsibly and honestly, we assess our product portfolio and provide you with solutions to unite stunning floristry with sustainable living. Let’s work together to secure the future for generations to come!
Our logo shows the 4 focal points at a glance:
REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE RESPECT
- REDUCE: We reduce or eliminate the use of plastic and packaging materials.l
- REUSE: we provide you with products that do not have to be limited to a single use
- RECYCLE:responsible purchasing and production processes enable the use of high-quality materials and effective recycling
- RESPECT: we always behave appreciatively and respectfully – internally and externally
Everyone should internalize “DO GOOD!” because you can make the difference and drive change!
We do not answer to any trend, we have already started to adapt our basic attitude years ago. The three pillars of sustainability are essential and enable us to respond to further market trends.
What we have done so far, what we are currently doing and what we still plan to do.
We are also guided by the concept of corporate social responsibility in order to implement sustainable corporate management. This includes the voluntary consideration of social, ecological, but also economic sustainability aspects.
We took action – This is what we have done so far!
Social – People:
The well-being of our employees is particularly close to our hearts. For example, employees of our company have the opportunity to use the Grünstadt swimming pool free of charge. Cheerful family parties are held for the enjoyment and appreciation of the work of all employees. In addition, we are happy about any opportunity to support the floristry industry. Sponsoring florists and floristry schools, as well as cooperating with the FDF and other decision-makers. Even the youngest children benefit from our activities and learn early how to handle the wonderful material “flower”. Once a year we organize the so-called ” Kids Days” for the children of our employees.
Ecological – Planet:
We have already done a lot to meet green production. For example, some time ago we switched all white-painted cardboard boxes to brown cardboard boxes. We also converted our lighting system to LED with motion sensor to save energy.
Furthermore, in 2018 we received the Green Dot environmental certificate for saving energy, resources and emissions by recycling consumer packaging. The contribution of avoided CO2 is roughly equivalent to the amount produced when 1369 people travel by train from Mainz to Magdeburg and back (determined via ecopassenger.org).
Our product management team is continuously working to make our products even more environmentally friendly.
Some of our products we are particularly proud of:
- OASIS® BLACK BIOLIT® Planting Bowl– made of 100% recycled paper, compostable and biodegradable.
- OASIS® BIOLIT® Serie – Base made from 100% pressed recycled paper
Various products contain a base made of paper composite materia
- Alternative Plug-in aids, f.i. Kenzan
Economic – Prosperity:
Together for the future of our industry. Material and project support for the floristry industry is our daily business. In addition, our marketing approaches are designed to help secure the future of the company and the industry.
We take action! – We are currently working on this
- Development of new products with multiple uses
- How to save energy and how can we improve the way each employee/our company handles energy resources?
- Developing broad expertise on the topic of sustainability and disseminating it: educating our employees/customers about sustainability and what it means to us.
- Every new idea and every new product is examined from the point of view of sustainability during the planning phase.
- Launching an online column to provide information about sustainability and what we are doing to ensure that our actions are in line with a sustainable society. Look online at:https://oasisfloral.de/nachhaltigkeit/
We will take action! – We have these plans for the future
Our core objectives:
- We want to help the floriculture industry achieve sustainable goals.
- Honest evaluation and, if necessary, modification of our products
- Reducing plastic and waste in general
- Being open to best practices from other Smithers-Oasis units or other companies in order to constantly learn and evolve
- Continue to put the well-being of our employees first – so we want to introduce more health-promoting approaches and always value everyone’s work.
- Sustainability is not an answer to a trend, it is an adapted basic attitude, which we will pursue with responsibility.
- nternalization and dissemination of the guiding principle
– REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE RESPECT
We label for you – all labels at a glance!
We are always happy to receive new ideas and suggestions on the subject of sustainability. Contact us!
The FSC seal of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) guarantees that the wood used comes from sustainable and environmentally sound forest management. The label can be found on wood and paper products.
“OK compost” products are made of biodegradable materials and are compostable. The certification is based on the European standard EN 13432.
A neutral and transparent quality mark with regard to the proportions of biobased carbon and product quality facilitates the search for resource-saving products. By using the “biobased” mark, we document that we use biobased raw materials and that we undergo regular monitoring.
The Fairtrade seal stands for fairly grown and traded products in which all ingredients are traded 100 percent under Fairtrade conditions and are physically traceable. If the product is a blended product, the Fairtrade product seal is also marked with an arrow. For blended products with this seal, all ingredients available under Fairtrade conditions must be Fairtrade certified.